What is GlaucoCetin Medical Food
GlaucoCetin is the first regulated vision-specific Medical Food designed to support and protect the mitochondrial function of optic nerve cells in patients with glaucoma. GlaucoCetin combines a unique set of ingredients, specifically designed to stop or reverse the underlying cause of optic nerve loss, and ultimately vision loss, in glaucoma. During the glaucomatous disease process, the metabolism for the optic nerve cells start to fail because of dysfunctional mitochondria. Mitochondria is responsible for energy production in these cells. When mitochondria is unable to function, the nerve cells do not have enough energy to operate, and they eventually die, causing vision loss.
The GlaucoCetin formula has been under development for a decade and is based on years of research showing the importance of natural ingredients for protecting nerve cells. The precursor compound of GlaucoCetin (Glaucohealth™)* has been used successfully clinically since 2016.
Dr Robert Ritch
- Developer of the Precursor Compound for GlaucoCetin® (Glaucohealth™)
- Shelley and Steven Einhorn Distinguished Chair
- Professor of Ophthalmology New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai
- Chief, Glaucoma Services Emeritus and Surgeon Director Emeritus New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Lifetime Achievement Award
- Member, Academia Ophthalmologica Internationalis
- *Co-Authored Nine Textbooks and more than 1800 Medical and Scientific Papers
*The Precursor to GlaucoCetin, Glaucohealth™, and all related formulas created by Dr Robert Ritch were acquired by Guardion Health Sciences in the second quarter of 2018 and subsequently renamed GlaucoCetin.
GlaucoCetin was developed in collaboration with Dr Robert Ritch, a world-renowned glaucoma specialist from New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai in New York City. GlaucoCetin is manufactured and distributed by Guardion Health Sciences, the leading company for new diagnostic and treatment technologies related to nutrition and ocular health. Dr Ritch is a member of the Medical Advisory Board for Guardion Health Sciences.