What is GlaucoCetin Medical Food
GlaucoCetin is designed to support and protect the mitochondrial function of optic nerve cells. GlaucoCetin combines a unique set of ingredients, specifically designed to support, and prevent the underlying cause of optic nerve loss. The metabolism for the optic nerve cells start to fail because of dysfunctional mitochondria. Mitochondria are responsible for energy production in these cells. When mitochondria are unable to function, the nerve cells do not have enough energy to operate, and they eventually die, which may lead to less-than-optimal vision.
The GlaucoCetin formula has been under development for a decade and is based on years of research showing the importance of natural ingredients for protecting nerve cells. GlaucoCetin focuses on protecting these important nerve cells and has been used successfully since 2016.
Dr. Robert Ritch
- Developer of the Precursor Compound for GlaucoCetin® (Glaucohealth™)
- Chief, Glaucoma Services Emeritus and Surgeon Director Emeritus New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai
- American Academy of Ophthalmology Lifetime Achievement Award
- Member, Academia Ophthalmologica Internationalis
- *Co-Authored Nine Textbooks and more than 1800 Medical and Scientific Papers
- GlaucoCetin was developed in collaboration with Dr Robert Ritch, a world-renowned glaucoma specialist from New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai in New York City
*The Precursor to GlaucoCetin, Glaucohealth™, and all related formulas created by Dr Robert Ritch were acquired by Guardion Health Sciences in the second quarter of 2018 and subsequently renamed GlaucoCetin.